Sesame Bread (깨찰빵)


Hello everyone ! Today I made Sesame Bread (깨찰빵). I used to buy sesame bread from Korean bakery but it was little bit to pricey. only 2 sesame bread for 4-5 dollars. So I decide to make my own sesame bread. The Sesame bread mix was on sale so I bought 5 boxes last week. Before filming, I tried it and it was really easy and quick to make. It only took me an hour roughly. There are two mix bags in on box. I made 8 bread out of 1 bag. Sesame bread is so crunchy on the outside and very chewy and soft in the inside. If you havent tried Korean style sesame bread. You should try it !! I purchase my Sesame bread mix from H-Mart near where I live. I live in Georgia. I think H mart is all around US. They also have online shopping website, so purchase the mix box from there if you don't have Korean store near you. This bread is also perfect for busy morning and good afternoon tea snack. 







 I meant 1 room temp. egg not water :( 








Instructions are in Korean and English
( But you can watch my Video !)





 Into the mixing bowl, add 1 room temperature egg ( make sure you leave it out for at least 30 min. ) 1/3 cup of water and 1 bag of sesame bread mix. 
Mix them together well until all the ingredients combines.




 Form a dough like this, and you are half way finished!






 Cut the dough into 8 pieces





 roll them into round ball 





 place them in the oven try 
( make sure you preheat your oven first )




 Using damp cloth or paper towel , put little bit of water on the dough.
This helps dough get crispy on the outside and form crack design as the dough rise.






 And this is after 35 minutes on the oven. 
They smell delicious and looks so cute ! You see the crack on the bread? remember I told you to use damp paper towel and add water over the dough? this was what I was talking about. 








































please let me know if you have any questions or comment ! 
thank you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment